Saturday, February 23, 2013

Commercials

So we just did our family commercial assignment in class, and everyone did really well. Though I don't recall it being mentioned in lecture, I noticed the use of music in a lot of the commercials, usually in the background, which always helps draw the viewer in and keep up the pace of the video.

Another element used by a lot of people were babies/children, which brought in the cute factor and really helped the overall success of the commercial. I know that casting my 18 month old nephew in our video helped boost our ratings significantly. :)

The last aspect of commercials I wanted to mention is humor/curiosity. I know they're different things, but I'm going to talk about them together. They're what keep me watching a lot of commercials (speaking outside our class' commercials, now), even when I know there's no way I'm going to buy their product. Honestly, some of the best commercials are about beer, but it's not like I'm watching it so I can compare beers and be an informed consumer. I'm there solely for the humor. Then, if it's a product I'm interested in, it's even better!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah like in the super bowl! Especially the silly budweiser one with the guy and the horse. My goodness so many people love that one. It is such a sweet (and cheesy) commercial but a good one. haha

    ReplyDelete